Tomorrow, December 14th, at the Trevi cinema, is the day of the RdC Awards.
Special event: Carlo Verdone commemorates Sergio Leone. The screening of Sad Hill Unearthed will follow, a documentary on the footsteps of The good, the bad and the ugly
On December 14th, 2018, at 8.30 pm, the Awards ceremony of the Tertio Millennio Film Fest, organised by Fondazione Ente dello Spettacolo, will take place at the Trevi cinema. During the gala evening presented by Fabio Falzone, film journalist and critic for TV 2000, the 2018 RdC Awards (the awards of the Rivista del Cinematografo) will be assigned to the protagonists of the world of cinema, television and culture, along with the Toni Bertorelli Controluce Award, established in 2017 in his memory. It will be assigned to the actor and actress whose performance was particularly significant during the last year, and in some way similar to Toni Bertorelli’s style, that is, out of the usual aesthetic and acting canons. Moreover, the First Work Award – Sono arrivato prima! will be given to the best debut of the year according to the readers of the Rivista del Cinematografo and Cinematografo.it. The winners of the contest for short films “Noi ci siamo – Giovani, voglia di partecipazione e ricercar di senso” will also be announced. Surprisingly, there will be a Special Tertio Millennio Award.
The fourth day of the Festival still holds many surprises for the public, from the screening of the last film in competition Heaven Without People, directed by Lucien Bourjeily, to the Special Event with Carlo Verdone, who will commemorate Sergio Leone with the images of Sad Hill Unearthed, by Guillermo de Oliveira.
Here follows the schedule of Friday, December 14th, 2018.
- 3.00 pm Heaven Without People(90′) directed by Lucien Bourjeily, and meeting with the film director – Film in competition.
Josephine, matriarch of a sprawling family, is happy because for the first time in two years managed to gather everyone together for the Easter lunch. While everyone enjoys the meal together, an accident occurs and awakens all the latent tensions between the different members of the family, thus gradually unleashing chaos.
- 5.00 pm Sad Hill Unearthed(88′) directed by Guillermo de Oliveira – Carlo Verdone commemorates Sergio Leone. Special event.
October 2015, a group of fans of the film The good, the bad and the ugly (1966), directed by Sergio Leone, went to visit the location of the final scene of the film in Burgos (Spain). The site, covered by vegetation, remained completely abandoned for 49 years until the group started an initiative to bring the iconic cemetery of “Sad Hill” back to light.
- 8.30 pm RdC Awards (by invitation only) – Presented by TV 2000 journalist Fabio Falzone
The following awards will be assigned:
- Toni Bertorelli “Controluce” Award
- Navicella Cinema Italiano Award
- Premio Navicella TV Award
- 2018 Revelation Award
- Soundtrack Award
- Best vocal performance Award
- Diego Fabbri Award to the best film book
- Special Tertio Millennio Award for Communication
- First Work Award – Sono arrivato prima!
- Award for the Contest “Noi ci siamo – Giovani, voglia di partecipazione e ricerca di senso”
On the website of the Tertio Millennio Film Fest, you can see and download the complete schedule of the Festival and book tickets for the shows. Free admission subject to availability.
For info and reservations:
Tel. 06 96519200